Thursday, February 16, 2012

Love my lighting!


There are a few things in my house that I just love. Things that i think just represent me and my style so well. Things that every time I see make me smile and feel happy. My kitchen chandy is one of those things. I did splurge a little for this bad boy. It was like $130 with shipping. I looked and looked to find a used one but nothing was close to what I wanted or what I was willing to pay. Then I looked on Overstock. They have an amazing selection and great prices. My sparkling beauty looked like this

Pretty huh! The price tag was really great for a piece of this size and quality. You might think I'm crazy for what I did to it. But to make it fit in my space I spray painted it. really they made it very easy for me because they ship it in pieces which allowed me to spray it and then assemble it. Here she is now
Black and white and totally custom. Since it hangs over our table and hardly ever gets touched I didn't even prime it or anything. Just a quick shot of glossy black. I did the same thing to this small plastic chandy from ikea. It goes over my sink. They look great together. Custom lighting is only a can away!




2 comments:

  1. That is a great fixture!!

    Star - I gave you a blog award!! Stop by my sewing blog for details!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love this light fixture.....

    ReplyDelete